The CORRelations team is delighted to introduce “What Now?”, a new feature by Doug Lundy, MD, MBA. In “What Now?”, Dr. Lundy will highlight a recent CORRelations post and explain how it’s influenced his clinical management or approaches to practice efficiency.
Dr. Lundy is someone to trust on both of those points — he’s a trauma surgeon who now chairs the orthopaedic surgery department at St. Luke’s University Health Network (Bethlehem, PA), and previously was co-President of Resurgens Orthopaedics, one of the largest orthopaedic practices in the United States. He is an alumnus of the 2010 class of Leadership Atlanta and the 2017 class of Leadership Cobb. His contributions to our specialty are too numerous to list, but here are a few that speak to his credibility as someone to trust when it comes to the things that matter to CORRelations readers:
- Past President of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Past Chair of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Advocacy Council
- Former Treasurer of the Political Action Committee of the AAOS
- Past Chair of the AAOS Medical Liability Committee
- First President-Elect of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA)
- He led the effort of the OTA to produce Performance Measures with the AAOS and he currently represents the OTA on the AAOS Board of Specialty Societies
- Past member of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Orthopaedic Advisory Committee and the ACS Committee on Trauma
You'll receive his posts when he writes about a subspecialty topic you’ve already selected in CORRelations.
We hope you’ll enjoy Dr. Lundy’s column as much as we do.